If you are looking to improve the overall appearance of your teeth, dental veneers and Lumineers are two options that help achieve a stunning smile. While veneers and Lumineers have similarities, there are some distinct differences as well in terms of size and ease of application.
At Signature Smiles, we offer veneers and Lumineers to improve the appearance of your smile by fixing cosmetic flaws such as chips, cracks, gaps, discoloration, and other imperfections.
Veneers are customized, thin pieces of porcelain or composite materials that are bonded to the front surface of the teeth to correct their aesthetic imperfections, cracks, discoloration, and chips.
What Are the Benefits of Veneers?
- Veneers provide a simple solution for dental problems like stains, chips, and gaps.
- Veneer treatment is a straightforward procedure that is completed in one visit to our office.
- These restorations are strong and durable. With proper care, they last for several years without any issues.
- They restore both the appearance and function of your teeth by closing gaps and covering discolorations.
- Their color and texture can be customized as per your preference to give you a beautiful smile.
- Veneers can be used to fix various dental conditions like broken or cracked teeth, spaced teeth, and large fillings.
- They offer excellent durability when used with proper care practices like brushing and flossing twice a day and avoiding hard foods like popcorn or ice cubes.
What Is the Procedure for Veneers?
We will take an X-ray to check the space available on your tooth after determining which tooth needs veneer treatment. Then, we will prepare your tooth by removing a thin layer of enamel from its surface to accommodate the restoration. This will increase its surface area and allow us to bond the veneer firmly to it.
A digital impression of your teeth will be taken using 3D imaging technology to create a perfect mold for your new restoration. Our dentist will use this mold to fabricate the veneer from a dental lab in just two weeks' time. Once it is ready, we will bond it to your tooth using dental adhesives and check its fit and bite. If you need a few revisions to get it right, we will provide them until you are absolutely satisfied with your enhanced smile.
Lumineers are ultra-thin porcelain veneers that are considered a healthier alternative as they do not require the reduction of the original tooth.
Unlike traditional veneers, Lumineers:
- Do not need the reduction of a layer of enamel
- Do not need any shots, drilling, or anesthetic
- Are reversible as the tooth below the Lumineer will not be reduced in size
- Last longer
What Is the Procedure Involved in Getting Lumineers?
The dentist will first evaluate your mouth and determine whether you are a suitable candidate for the Lumineers procedure. If you are found to be suitable, then an impression of your teeth will be obtained and sent to a dental lab to customize and prepare the Lumineers using porcelain that is matched to your natural enamel shade. Before applying the Lumineer, the dentist may apply a light etching solution to enhance the bond of the Lumineer on your tooth if required. Then, with the help of curing light, the Lumineers are bonded to your teeth. A bite test will be conducted to make sure that it doesn't cause any discomfort while you bite or chew food.
Lumineers/ Veneers in Frankfort, KY
Signature Smiles is located in Louisville, KY, and Frankfort, KY. Call us at (502) 326-1800 or (502) 226-1900 and schedule an appointment to learn more about our dental services.